Are you ready to volunteer?
Current board and committee openings are:
- Board of Adjustment (2 alternate members)
- Civil Service Board (2 members & 2 alternate members)
- Code Enforcement Board (1 alternate member)
- Environmental Advisory Board (1 alternate member)
- History Center Board (1 member)
- Historical Preservation & Awareness Board (1 member)
- Parks Board (2 alternate members)
Citizen volunteers serving on boards and committees are appointed by the Town Commission to assist the Town government with providing services to the public.
- The Parks Board meets monthly to plan and organize many recreational activities and the annual Founders Day event, traditionally held the first Saturday in May.
- The Planning and Zoning Board meets monthly to review and approve various requests or changes in zoning and to advise on the formulation and changes to the Town’s Comprehensive Plan.
- The Board of Adjustments hears appeals of items denied by the Building Official.
- The Code Enforcement Board is a quasi-judicial board which hears cases and sets fines for persons who violate the Town Codes.
- The Environmental Advisory Board prepares educational material and advises on issues to preserve and protect the environment.
- Police Pension and Civil Service boards are also advisory on personnel hiring and benefits.
If you would like to serve on a Town Board, please call the Town Clerk. You can also find an online application HERE.