Public Works

Public Works Department

  • 507 Ocean Avenue
    Melbourne Beach, FL 32951
    Hours: 7:00 am - 3:30 pm
    Monday through Thursday (Call for appointment.)
  • Phone: (321) 724-5860, Fax: (321) 984-8994, After Hours Emergency: (321) 286-6125

Additional Links

Department Staff:

  • Brian Vickers, Public Works Maintenance Worker II
  • Sean Hasler, Public Works Maintenance Worker II
  • Greg Schaefer, Public Works Maintenance Worker II

Below are additional links of interest:

Duties & Responsibilities

The Public Works Department provides a variety of service to the residents of Melbourne Beach. The Department provides four specific types of services: vehicle and equipment maintenance, building maintenance, road and sign maintenance, and parks and grounds maintenance. The Department repairs and performs preventative maintenance and modifications to all Town structures, cleans and repairs all storm drain inlets; cleans storm drain swales, maintains 16 miles of Town street and replaces damaged signs and installs new signs as required. The Public Works Department also maintains all of the Town parks and implements beautification projects.

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Q. Where do I pay my water bill?
    • You can pay your water bill at the Melbourne City Hall or over the phone at 321-953-6390.
  • Q. Where can I pay my sewer bill?
    • You can pay your sewer bill by mail:
      Brevard County Utility Services Department
      2725 Judge Fran Jamieson Way
      Building A, Suite 213
      Melbourne, FL 32940
      Call (321) 633-2091
      Visit for more information.
  • Q. When is my household waste and yard waste picked up?
    • Household waste is collected every Wednesday and Saturday. Be sure that waste is properly contained in the green receptacle and facing the road.
    • Yard Waste is collected every Thursday. Be sure that debris is placed in the green receptacles, if possible. All other large debris should be neatly piled roadside, in stacks no larger than 4 x 4 feet. Small piles that can be placed in green receptacles should be, as the “Clam Truck” will not collect small, loose debris.
  • Q. Who do I contact for “clam shell” pickup?
    • For expedited service please contact Waste Management for “Clam Truck” pickup requests, at 321-723-4455
  • Q. Who do I contact for street/road repairs i.e. potholes, road damage, etc.?
    • Please contact Public Works at 321-724-5860 if you see any road damage you believe endangers the residents and visitors of Melbourne Beach.
  • Q. Are there regulations regarding water used for lawn care?
  • Q. Who do I contact if there is a street light out?
    • Please contact Florida Power & Light (FPL) at their WEBSITE ( to report a street light that is not working properly. Please have the approximate location of the light when you call.  Please call 1-800-4-OUTAGE(1-800-468-8243) to report a hazardous condition such as a downed power line.

Warning: Error while sending QUERY packet. PID=519923 in /home/mbinspir/ on line 1924

Interested in Melbourne Beach Departments and Contacts?